1 fight or struggle in a confused way at close quarters; "the drunken men started to scuffle" [syn: scuffle]
2 make messy or untidy; "the child mussed up my hair" [syn: muss]
- Rhymes: -ʌsəl
- To have a tussle
- The two sets of fans were tussling before the game.
Tussle is a four-piece band from San Francisco, started in 2001. The band released its debut album Kling Klang in 2004 on Troubleman Unlimited records.
- Eye Contact 12" (2003, Troubleman Unlimited)
- Kling Klang (2004, Troubleman Unlimited)
- Kling Klang Smalltown Supersound Edition (2005, Smalltown Supersound)
- Don't Stop EP (2004, Troubleman Unlimited)
- Disco D'Oro 12" I (2004, Rong Music)
- Disco D'Oro 12" I (2005, Rong Music)
- Telescope Mind (2006, Smalltown Supersound)
- Meh-Teh 7" (2007, Tomlab)
action, aerial combat, affray, agonize, altercation, argument, armored combat, battle, battle royal, bicker, blood feud, box, brawl, broil, brush, buffet, bullfight, clash, clash of arms, close, cockfight, collide, combat, come to blows, conflict, contend, contention, contest, controversy, cut and thrust, dispute, dogfight, donnybrook, donnybrook fair, duel, embroilment, exchange blows, exchange of blows, fence, feud, fight, fight a duel, fire fight, fliting, fracas, fray, fuss, give and take, give satisfaction, grapple, grapple with, ground combat, grunt and sweat, hand-to-hand combat, hand-to-hand fight, hassle, house-to-house combat, huff and puff, imbroglio, jostle, joust, logomachy, mix it up, naval combat, open quarrel, passage of arms, pitched battle, polemic, quarrel, rassle, riot, rumble, run a tilt, running fight, scramble, scrap, scrimmage, scuffle, sharp words, shoving match, skirmish, slanging match, snarl, spar, spat, squabble, stand-up fight, street fight, strife, strive, struggle, tauromachy, thrust and parry, tiff, tilt, tourney, tug-of-war, vendetta, wage war, war, words, wrangle, wrestle